This morning while in prayer, I was filled with an overwhelming thankfulness as to where God has brought Life Fellowship. The only way to describe it is that I am “Draped in Gratitude”.
It was two years ago now when the enemy gave his best attempt to snuff out this life giving church. He knew the powerful past, the commitment established from the very beginning to reach the lost and build disciples and quite frankly he was frightened of the future.
You see, since the inception of Life Fellowship Church, God has graced our efforts in unimaginable ways to help everyday people find their way back to God. Hundreds of lives have been changed. Families united. Grace showered down.
Over these last two years, Tatum and I have been surrounded by some of God’s finest and most faithful as together we have laughed, stood strong, prayed, played, believed, and worked hard. Trusting God for His Best.
In the last four months, and for the very first time since I have been here as the Pastor of this great church, I am watching with excitement as this congregation is springing back to health; Both Spiritually & Relationally. I am seeing new life sprouting up all around.
IN THE LAST 4 MONTHS THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE THINGS I’VE WATCHED AS TOGETHER WE…
01. Responded with living compassion to the Aarons at the loss of their son Jenson.
02. Gave/Giving Generously to the Wall Builders Project.
03. Stood strong in our commitment to Missions.
04. Increased our efforts to reach into a broken hearted teenage generation for Christ.
05. Invited the cities of Allen/Lucas & Fairview to experience “I want an Indestructible Marriage” message series.
06. Launched dynamic and budding Men’s & Women’s Ministries.
07. Increased the amount of volunteers serving in ministry.
08. Saw men rising up to put their talents & muscles to work for the Lord.
09. Witnessed our LF Kids adopting orphans from Africa to support monthly.
10. Watched God heal and restore marriages.
11. And best of all, we’ve seen over 150 people make decisions for Christ.
I AM WATCHING GOD BUILD HIS CHURCH.
He’s unleashing Faithful allies, New friends, Recovered gifts, Fresh passions, Restored virtue, New love, Spiritual amnesty, and Reborn freedom.
LET ME GIVE YOU A SAMPLE OF WHAT I’M HEARING.
“We are so blessed God has brought us to Life Fellowship. We’re excited by the vision and thankful to be a part of this wonderful family at LF.” – M.A. Allen, TX
“LF People Rock… So Blessed.” – K.O. McKinney, TX
“My kids can’t wait to be in church every Sunday.” – Unknown Allen, TX
“I felt welcomed and at home the first day I attended.” – B.W. Allen, TX
“God is using LF to change the life of my teenagers. I can’t thank you enough.” – D.H. Allen, TX
“LF is filled with God’s Presence. I always leave overcome with emotions and full of joy.” – A.C. Allen, TX
“Sunday’s at LF are my favorite day of the week.” – C.D. Anna, TX
IT’S THE TOUCH OF GOD
I am learning very quickly that what’s happening at Life Fellowship is not the Work of Man, but the sovereign Touch of God. You see on the day of Pentecost, we see the Holy Spirit touch the lives of 120 men and women in a small room. The world would change because of the Touch of the Almighty.
And because of the touch of God, I believe the future is bright for Life Fellowship. We’re marching forward. There is too much to accomplish. We believe that if you sit on the bench you’re going to get a sore butt. So we’re not standing on the sidelines. We’re shouting out, put me in coach. I’m ready for action.
To reach people far from God and build life long followers of Christ.
THE LF VISION ON THE HORIZON:
01. I see us launching a Hispanic Service in the near future.
02. I see us launching an Internet campus to stream our services live.
03. We’re making plans for a mission’s trip this fall plus seeking ways to increase our mission’s support.
04. We’re partnering with Dallas Dream Center to serve inner city kids and families of Dallas, providing much needed supplies, food and outreach.
05. We’ll be mailing a citywide postcard this fall to promote a relevant and powerful series called “Stuck In A Rut” New rules to win with Finances, Marriage, Work, Parenting & God.
YOU BELONG IN THIS STORY:
I want you to imagine a place where people came together to contribute to the greater good of others, a place where people come to give rather than take, and a place to love irrationally and to be loved unconditionally.
That place is the church.
Jesus tells a story of a shepherd and 100 sheep. Somehow one of those sheep wanders away from the fold. It’s only one sheep. No big deal, right? Wrong. He tells his followers to leave the 99. Find the one who is missing and bring them home safely.
You matter to God. If you are missing… have lost your spiritual bearings… then it’s time to find your way home to God.
We will help you. Life Fellowship Church is a safe home. Come as you are… no need to dress up. There are age appropriate classes that your children will love. You can grow at your own pace.
Most importantly, you will discover your part in the incredible story God is authoring at Life Fellowship.
LIFE FELLOWSHIP SERVICE TIMES:
Sundays at 10 & 11:30am
Wednesdays at 7pm for your kids (preschool – 12th grade)
Together We Can,
Senior Pastor – Life Fellowship