‘He was… successful… because he obeyed the Lord.’ 2 Chronicles 31:21 CEV
Here are seven Scriptural steps to success in life:
(1) Put God first. He wants you to succeed; what good parent wouldn’t? So work on your relationship with Him. ‘Now acquaint yourself with Him… thereby good will come to You.’ (Job 22:21 NKJV)
(2) Help others to become successful. ‘Whatever good anyone does, he will receive the same from the Lord.’ (Ephesians 6:8 NKJV) Don’t just be interested in yourself, become interested in others too.
(3) Create a climate of confidence around you. As long as you keep speaking words of doubt, you’ll never experience victory. Remind yourself that your ‘sufficiency is of God.’ (2 Corinthians 3:5 KJV)
(4) Stay informed. ‘A wise man will hear and increase in learning.’ (Proverbs 1:5 NASB) Observe, read, and grow. If you’re willing to pay money for a good meal but not for a good book, perhaps you value your appetite more than your intellect.
(5) Picture yourself attaining your goal. Think and talk success. Moses did that: ‘Moses didn’t give up but continued as if he could actually see the invisible God.’ (Hebrews 11:27 GWT)
(6) Write down your plan and establish deadlines. Make a detailed list of required activities, and set checkpoints. Guard your mind and prioritize your time. Make ‘the very most of the time [and] opportunity.’ (Ephesians 5:16 AMPC)
(7) Set a realistic goal. And work towards it one priority at a time. Many things in life fail for one reason—broken focus. So avoid distractions: ‘A double-minded man is unstable.’ (James 1:8 KJV) If you do these seven things, you’ll succeed in life.